Posts by ha4bm

Here is an interesting Phenomime

I did enter "fw_setenv refclk_source external"

Also did reboot the Pluto Rev C

But this seems not to disable the internal clock. So without connecting to the external connector it just carries on receiving the signals just fine. Same as before the command. Shoudnt fw_setenv refclk_source external disable the internal clock source?

Béla

Thanks for the poll. I tested both Win10 and Win11... both crashes. Maybe under Win11 it runs longer.

Surprise:
    after a restart the HSmodem ran for about 2 hours without crashing.
    However, the message "recvfrom error: 10040" was displayed about 15 times in the hsmodem.exe window.

About the same here. It ran for longer time then earlier but in the end it gave it up...so did I...

^^

I don't know, guess need to look into the source code.

I know Kurt DJ0ABR is working on improvements, perhaps others will join..

Well, however the pervious settings improved the reliability, still after an hour of operation the RX crashed. This was the last screen snapshot with the very last message before it closed the DOS window:

I trust that the developers can fix this annoying feature.

3,3 kHz should work fine, but I think your frequency is too low.. the reference carrier (the small peak in the spectrum) should be between those little red bars. Once the Modem is locked, you should see a clear constellation diagram..

Many thanks for your advise. I think now it works with the settings as I posted.
    73 de Béla HA4BM

3,3 kHz should work fine, but I think your frequency is too low.. the reference carrier (the small peak in the spectrum) should be between those little red bars. Once the Modem is locked, you should see a clear constellation diagram..

I think I could stabilize the system:

Using the BATC NB receiver, BW 3.12 kHz, QRG: 10489993.27 Khz
    also I replaced the audio cable to this :
    https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/download.htm

I run the lite version.

Now, it runs quite OK for quite some time.

here it works without any problems

errors may occur if you have not received all data (but soft should not crash)

use WIDE filter on receive, tune exact that the small peak is on the mark and your station needs to be stable in frequency

then data receiving works fine

Well, I set 3.3 kHz BW...it still fails. See attached picture. Modem IP has gone...
    What bandwidth would you recommend?
    Actually I use BATCs NB receiver over the Internet. That should be stabile.

I got exactly the same issue. After few minutes of operations the DOS box crashes and of course the GUI stops receiving.
    Very annoying.
    Any idea?

73 de Béla HA4BM

Folks,
    I did:

fw_setenv ad936x_ext_refclk "<25000000>"

fw_setenv xo_correction 25000000

pluto_reboot reset

and now pluto does not receive. Does work but it doses not receive. Perhaps the external clock level is too low.

How can I revert these commands above?

73 de Béla

Robert,

the pluto.php from 0303 has a lot of bugs who shows same failures...I Think its not the Revision of Pluto....

Actually I seem to have similar issue with earlier release too from Evariste. I would guess that the rev C(D) seems to be not 100% compatible with the very popular F5OEO firmware. I guess. I can not proof it. I ordered few brand new Plutos. If they are rev C then I can do the tests. Do you have a rev C that works fine with F5OEO code?

73 de Béla HA4BM

I have just received my rev D Plutos from Digikey.
    Loading F5OEO's DATV firmware (0303) I realized that some of the functions were not working well. ("On Air" indicator, PTT button on the Controller page)
    It looks that there is some compatibility issue.

I applied the patch (ver. 1.9) from is0grb - from

Here

seems to fix this nasty problem - I think. Please note that the patch have two versions: rev B and rev C-D. Use the rel C-D.

73 de Béla