Building a CW-only transmitter for 2.4 GHz

• Apologies - it looks like this question doesn't fit into any of the obvious forum categories!

I was wondering if it would be practical to build a CW-only transmitter for 2.4 GHz?

I'm hoping it would be reasonably easy to do (obviously not as easy as on HF!).

Maybe a lower power 2.4 GHz amplifier could be made to oscillate in a clean way using a tuned circuit?

I expect this is a very naive question...

Thanks for educating me!

Mike M0AGP

• Hi Detlev

Thank you for replying to my question.

I must admit that I don't fully understand the answer!

Are you saying that homebrewing a CW transmitter would not be simple because the frequency would not naturally be stable enough? Maybe I would need to add something to make the frequency sufficiently stable?

Sorry for the very naive questions - I should probably be reading more about what is needed to hit the satellite!

Thanks

Mike

• Hi Mike.

CW QO-100 Transmitter:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

73!

PY1SAN

GG77

Rio de janeiro

• Detlev and Sandro

Thank you very much for this information!

An oven controlled crystal oscillator - interesting!

Sandro - nice video! The automatic translation to English is good enough that I can follow what you are doing.

The basic parts are low cost, although I guess you need to use an Arduino to control the PLL frequency.

Very interesting, thank you!

Mike M0AGP