Kenwood Tranceiver TR 9500 for uplink direction

• Like to complete my equipment for the uplink chain. Bring down my long time not used UHF allmode transceiver from the attic. Checked all functions of the TX part, everythings looks normal, 10 W output. A lot to much to feed it into the Amsat-DL S-Band mixer. So i study the schematics, as well as the service manual. The power from the driver will connected to the power amplifier by a coax connection. The level plan indicated 0,25 W at this connector will be feed into the PA. So this is a good level to feed it to the S-Band Mixer. The only problem for me, i never have seen a coax connector like this.

Coax connection driver to power amplifier.

The coax plug

DO IN is the point from driver to PA

The product number inside the service manual

Try to find in internet this coax plug, but had no luck. Maby somebody here in the forum has a hint to find it out.

Alternativ i must remove the driver unit and solder a coax cable direct to the printet circut.

• IW9EZO

i use the TR 9500 now together with the DX Patrol converter as well the PA. The TR 9500 is a quit old Tranceiver but general i produce a good signal. The DX Patrol PA has 12 W output due the documentation but i see only 10 W at my meter. Have 5 m H155 cable between the Pa and the dish. So this means only 5 W at the 85 CM Antenna. If you like more information we may discus it here, The main problem with this tranceiver there is no CAT interface, realy comfortable working is not possible. The Transmitter produce 10 W output. I use the antenna output and use 6dB damping for the input to the DX Patrol converter this delivers 2 W what is ok there.

73 Joachim

• IW9EZO

Hello Maurizio,

between the DX Patrol PA and the transceiver TR 9500 it will be neccessary to solve a problem.

If you key the tranceiver it will deliver a + 8 Volt via a output socket at the backside of the equipment.

The PA on the outher hand, if you key it, needs the ptt voltages to ground.

So i made a little circut with a transistor and small relay to overcome this problem. Also with this

circut both equipments are galvanically isolated.

73 Joachim

• DJ7WL

Hi, thanks for the reply, I preferred private contact for the interest in the TR-9500, for the CAT it is not interested, I have a Yaesu Ft-817nd that I used for the Upplink, then I bypassed the end of the Tr- 751E, this because I did an uplink with a mixer on my own, an Ok stabilized with the 10 Mhz of reference, a filter and I have a 20 watt amplifier I think, but it requires a very low input (-7 dbm), so I worked all with low powers, 85 offset parabola and I tried a 95 PF with the Rhcp pathc ... I don't use the sat, I just had the pleasure of testing it here in the south one of the first, but it doesn't create the charm like AO40 and others ....

I am interested in the tr-9500, if it is in order of everything ... write me at the email.

Greetings from__Maurizio Boschetto__________IW9EZO