BaMaTech Feeds - Unterschiede und Einsatzbereich

• Ich befinde mich in der Einlesephase zu einer geplanten Sende- und Empfangsanlage, die ich mit den Komponenten von DXpatrol aufbauen möchte. Bei den Feeds tendiere ich zu einer Lösung von BaMaTech. Leider blicke ich bei den einzelnen Varianten noch nicht durch.

• Brauche ich nur den Feed um in den Down- bzw. Up-Konverter zu gehen?
    • Wozu die LNB-Versionen?
    • Wozu braucht man die Versionen mit 2 x 10GHz?
    • Lässt sich damit auch der Wideband-Repeater empfangen?

Ich konnte bei der Suche im Forum keine erschöpfende Antwort finden.

73 de OE3KSS - Konstantin

• It's very simple.

If you want to transmit you need a feed that supports that. If you want to receive with the same antenna then you also need a feed that supports that too. A dual band feed, that goes to both up and downconverters.

You only need 2x10 GHz if you want to receive narrow and and wideband as these are on different polarisations. A normal LNB feed does this switched by voltage. If you buy a feed with an SMA connection rather than with circular waveguide, then you need both horizontal and vertical polarisations, that is 2x10 GHz. You will also need a downconverter with a coax connector input rather than a waveguide input.

You might find it instructional to look at the AMSAT-DL information documents which explain how to use the transponder and describe the equipment required.

BaMaTech is not your only solution. It is also not the only one that can be bought rather than built. There are cheaper options and more expensive ones. There are options with helixes, horns and patches. There are one or two dish solutions. If you do go with BaMaTech, make sure it is the latest version with improved performance.

Mike

• Official Post

Hallo Konstantin,

ursprünglich war der BamaTech Duo-Band Feed nur für den Kuhne-Empfangskonverter gedacht !! Dieser ist nicht für den AMSAT-DL Downconverter und auch nicht für DXPATROL geeignet !!

Zu empfehlen ist der neue Duo-Band-Feed 2,4/10GHz mit TWIN LNB, aber Achtung hier gibt es 2 Varianten !!!

Variante a) Hier ist der LNB nicht modifiziert, d.h. ein Betrieb idealerweise nur mit SDR-Console (mit automatischer Stabilisierung anhand der PSK-Bake) sinnvoll..

Variante b) Hier ist der LNB bereits modifiziert für externen Referenzclock (GPSDO), siehe auch AMSAT-DL Downconver V3d.

Wenn man für DATV einen normalen Sat-Receiver verwenden möchte, dann ist nur die Variante b) mit dem AMSAT-DL Downconverter V3d geeignet.

viel Erfolg!

73s Peter

• Dear Mike, lieber Peter!

Thank you for your answers!
    My skills in homebrewing are not the best so i combine ready made components. I will take the LNB with is modified for a GPSDO. The first step should be the use of the narrowband part. With the selected unit i hope to be ready for the future :)
    Are there any other things to be considered for the upgrade with ATV? I want to use it on my PC not on a sat-receiver.

I hope to meet you on QO-100 in 2021!