How to log QSOs on LoTW using LOG4OM

• Hello everyone,

I spent some time to configure my LOG4OM s/w, so it will automatically read and convert the rig frequency to the actual Rx/Tx and include all fields required by LoTW for SAT mode.

I even use the actual Rx frequency display to tune the radio to the required frequency.

Attached is a short presentation that summarize it.

Hope you find it useful.

Zvika

4Z1ZV

LOG4OM_QO100_1.pdf

• Thank you for the nice document. I also use LOG4OM as log software for QO100. I think you can add also the SAT mod which is XS (unless I'm mistaken).

I asked also on LOG4OM forum to be able to start the software with the default QSO in QO100 configuration (instead of SSB 20m...). This is not implemented but will be taken into account for the future...

I am pretty disapointed by the very poor QSL confirmation number on LOTW on QO100: 16 QSL over 82 QSO on the past few weeks.

Patrice

• Logging sat-qso's: Use TX freq instead of RX-freq. An SWL uses the RX freq for logging.

So band is S/X and not X/S and on LoTW QO-100 and not QO100 as satellite, mode SSB or..., propagation SAT.

When confirmation is poor, there could be a few reasons: wrong parameters used by 1 or both stations when uploading; not much OM's are using LoTW

73's Jerry

• Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your comment. I think my inputs are correct in LOTW. By the SAT mod is very optional and not taken into account in LOTW. I have more confirmation on eQSL. That would be so nice to have a common system instead of multiple services ! :) When subscribing to LOTW I thought that would be the more efficient. And it is for HF QSO...

• Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your comment. I think my inputs are correct in LOTW. By the SAT mod is very optional and not taken into account in LOTW. I have more confirmation on eQSL. That would be so nice to have a common system instead of multiple services ! :) When subscribing to LOTW I thought that would be the more efficient. And it is for HF QSO...

LOTW & Sat´s: QO-100 QSO Confirmation eQSL, LoTW, DARC, etc.