Qatar-OSCAR 100 (QO-100)

• On 15 November 2018 Es'hail-2/P4A was launched with a SpaceX Falcon 9 launch vehicle from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Space Launch Complex 40 in Florida. Es'hail-2/P4A was jointly developed by QARS (Qatar Amateur Radio Society) and Es'hailSat (The Qatar Satellite Company), under the technical leadership of AMSAT-DL, and is the first geostationary amateur radio payload. The satellite reached its final position at 25.9°E and the narrowband and broadband transponders were successfully tested on 23 December 2018 and 16-17 January 2019. The transponders are expected to open for general use in February 2019.

At the request of AMSAT Deutschland e.V., QARS and Es'hailSat, AMSAT hereby designates Es'hail-2/P4A as Qatar-OSCAR 100 (QO-100). May the 100th OSCAR satellite be the lead star for future amateur radio satellites and payloads in geostationary orbit and beyond.

Drew Glassbrenner, KO4MA

AMSAT VP Operations / OSCAR Number Administrator

https://amsat-dl.org/en/qatar-oscar-100-qo-100

Peter Gülzow | DB2OS | AMSAT-DL member since 1983 | JO42VG

• Hello all,

Thanks for the information.

Also, let me take the opportunity of this thread to hail involved teams and associated work.

What a huge opportunity for the community to learn and progress with this project. I already have learnt a lot myself by preparing the set-up, being absolutely unexperienced above 400 MHz.

All experience sharing on this forum has been very valuable as well.

For all this, thank you !

Hope everything will work here as expected, being in a hurry to meet you on QO-100 !

73, Pat

• Hi Peter,

Congratulations to you, AMSAT-DL, QARS, and Es'hailSat. Very appropriate considering the giant leap (Pun intended) in capability this spacecraft will bring to the Amateur community. Thank goodness NEXUS (FO-99) worked :)

73s

Iain

(who must go and order the remaining uplink bits!, minor issue of an antenna to fix, the 30W PA needs something to dump it's power into, and a dummy load won't do!)

• Dear Peter (DB2OS), I wonder if the inauguration ceremony will be broadcast on the WB transponder? Are you able to give any indication of the timing (in GMT) and video parameters, please?

73 Russ.

• Hallo ....

interesting informations from heiseshow 13 feb 2020 on YT

about QO-100 and some background (relly good informations about the NON COMMERCIAL PROJECT)

in german lanuage ... maybe a double post .... so delete if you want...

73 de dg0opk