Software DVB-S demodulator

• Je suis toujours incapable d’obtenir DVBS-2 demod_gui avec mon SDRPlay RSP2. Exactement quels fichiers dois-je télécharger sur le site SDRPlay et dans le dossier dans lequel installer les s’il vous plaît ? Je peux obtenir le logiciel de fonctionner avec mon mini-chaux.

Barry 73

BARRY,

Bonjour

charge fichier SDRplay-RSP-API-Windows-3.03.exe sur le site sdrplay voir mes messages précédents .

73s

installation par defaut….

• 3b8fa : (Pat) Hi, we could try using Teamviewer, i'll take a look at it tomorrow if you send me the ID and password.

To be honest, your signal looks quite strong in the FFT plot. It must be something with the symbolrate being wrong. DId you use M&M / (Müller & Mueller TED) for timing recovery? that's necessary for RTLSDR sticks to receive the beacon. If you haev Timing lock, you should atleast see a circle in the IQ Plot.

• I am still unable to get DVBS-2 demod_gui working with my SDRPlay RSP2. Exactly which files do I need to download from the SDRPlay website and in which folder do I install them please? I can get the software to run with my Lime-mini.

73 Barry

Hi

You have to download these drivers from https://www.sdrplay.com/downloads/

My SDRPlay RSP2Pro is working now.

73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

• Hi Markro,

I used M&M for beacon reception,no circle seen in IQ plot.

What is Timing Lock ?

3b8fa : (Pat) Hi, we could try using Teamviewer, i'll take a look at it tomorrow if you send me the ID and password.

To be honest, your signal looks quite strong in the FFT plot. It must be something with the symbolrate being wrong. DId you use M&M / (Müller & Mueller TED) for timing recovery? that's necessary for RTLSDR sticks to receive the beacon. If you haev Timing lock, you should atleast see a circle in the IQ Plot.

What is the minimum signal strength to obtain a lock,the beacon is at 5 db over noise floor,is this enough for a decode ?? Thank you.

• @SWL - markro92 A new feature request.When using sirspy do receiving.Whether can make Bias-Tee, I need to use it output Bias voltage polarization voltage switching time control LNB.So you can switch on the computer to 18 v power supply.

I don't know if it will be easy to implement, thank you. Thank you.

• if a non standard signal appears i only scroll the bitrate higher or lower till i see the "circle". if you activate the fft filtering to sr then you have a first indication what sr is used.

vy73 db8tf

• Anyone tell me why I can not get video no matter what I try ? I am using an axing 12v bias t with it's 12v supply but I I think I need a 14/18v power supply, is this correct ? I get SSB signals no problem with sdr console 3.10 but with demod neter get anywhere even though I see other do

Please enlighten me someone many thanks !

• M1CTK . You need 14V for the narrowband Transponder or 18V for the wideband.

If you can't supply 18V, just rotate your LNB 90°. You will still receive narrow band signals, but attenuated, because this way you changed polarisation. The wideband transponder should now be visible on sdr console. Fully zoom out to see the transponder over the noisefloor. Also, check the tilt angle you need for your location for max. signal level. There are calculators for azimuth, elevation and skew (tilt) to be found on the web.

• Anyone tell me why I can not get video no matter what I try ? I am using an axing 12v bias t with it's 12v supply but I I think I need a 14/18v pus is this correct ? I get SSB signals no problem with sdr console 3.10 but with demod neter get anywhere even though I see other do

Please enlighten me someone many thanks !

M1CTK . You need 14V for the narrowband Transponder or 18V for the wideband.

If you can't supply 18V, just rotate your LNB 90°. You will still receive narrow band signals, but attenuated, because this way you changed polarisation. The wideband transponder should now be visible on sdr console. Fully zoom out to see the transponder over the noisefloor.

OK thanks but I am talking about the demod program not getting any video feeds

• Anyone tell me why I can not get video no matter what I try ? I am using an axing 12v bias t with it's 12v supply but I I think I need a 14/18v pus is this correct ? I get SSB signals no problem with sdr console 3.10 but with demod neter get anywhere even though I see other do

Thanks but I got absolutely nowhere, I give up

• M1CTK First, please DO NOT copy & paste the entire conversation again and again. This is confusing and will blow things up.

Second, please DO give some more information about what goes wrong and what you have done so far. Screenshots are always great. Thanks

• M1CTK Firstly you need to switch polarisation. 14V is not enough for many LNBs so try 17-18V. Then you need to have the program set up correctly and this is not all that easy. The beacon is probably the best place to start as it's parameters are known. You also need a large enough dish and a good signal. If you can RX the beacon on a satellite receiver then this is a good start.