A71A opening ceremony

• Official Post

Congratulations Rolf for the first QSO with A71A..

You are a real satellite DXer for long time and you certainly deserve it !!

We are looking forward to hearing you from rare DX countries with your mobile satellite station..

I think you heard my whistelinng noise and you just hit us at the right time when A71A (Operator Sabaan A71BP) took the microphone..

6 Years ago I was first time in Qatar at the Ham Radio Festival and Qatar National Day.. Now we are here again and so happy that our dream comes true..

We had a great openening ceremony with the Prime Minister of Qatar watching the live video from HE Abdullah bin Hamad Al Attiyah, A71AU, on the big screen in the control room from Es'hailSat.

We could see that all the parties involved, including government and Es'hailSat were very delighted with this success.

Indeed we all can be very greatfull to Qatar and the QARS for giving us this fantastic opportunity and for supporting worlwide friendship, humanity and education through Qatar OSCAR 100.

73s Peter

• For me who has only small experience with LEO Sats it is amazing listening with "simple" equipment all the signals including the qrp station's. GREAT JOB done by the whole Team. Congrats and may be meet u on QO-100 in the near Future

:thumbup:

73/55

herbert

dl4sdr

60cm Dish; Octagon unmodified LNB; RTL-SDR & Adalm-Pluto

• Congratulation to the whole team to the great success of that project. Nice to hear the beacon sound back which i known from the late 80s when i was a young boy. Nice to learn that this kind of projects in Ham Radio is still feasible. I am sure this project could be a good justification for further projects. Now its time to build my uplink station.

Thanks to all involved in that project - i know how difficult the space business is today.

73 de Kai