From the Colleagues in Azores Islands, the following notice:
As hurricane Lorenzo (category 4) approaches the Azores the emergency network has been activated. Amateur Radios will be active with the Government and emergency response teams. Local analog and DMR repeaters, both in VHF and UHF, satellites and HF. We ask all stations to give way for emergency traffic coming in and out of the Azores islands (CU, CQ8, CR8, CS8 and CT8 prefixes). More details to follow soon.
The Frequencies announced on the image attached are for land based comms, but if the situation requires, they can also resort to some Sat operations.
AMSAT has provided the following info:
- AMSAT NEWS SERVICE SPECIAL BULLETIN
- In this edition:
- * AO-92 Remaining in U/v For Potential Emergency Traffic
- SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-272.02
- ANS-272 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin
- AMSAT News Service Bulletin 272.02 From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
- DATE September 29, 2019
- To All RADIO AMATEURS
- BID: $ANS-272.02
- Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA, AMSAT VP Operations has received a request
- from amateurs involved with emergency communications in the Azores,
- requesting we forego L/v operation on AO-92 this week.
- Hurricane Lorenzo is expected to pass through the Azores as a Cate-
- gory 4 storm Tuesday and Wednesday, and they are requesting AO-92
- remain in U/v for potential emergency traffic. Please be aware of
- and yield to any emergency traffic, on any satellite, coming from
- the area during this time. Passes covering the Azores and Portugal
- are the most critical.
- We realize that there have been a few moves and cancellations for
- this mode recently, and I ask for understanding and cooperation.
- Emergency use is always first priority, and AMSAT is happy to assist
- in any way we can.
- [ANS thanks Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA, AMSAT VP Operations for the above information]
Thank you All for your consideration on this matter, and hoping that things go well to our fellow friends in Azores.