Dielektrische Linse für POTY und BaMaTech Feed

• Hallo allerseits, ich habe mir die POTY-Antenne lt. HB9PZK nachgebaut und eine Frage zur Linse. Ich habe die Linse aus grauem PP gedreht, da ich nichts anderes zur Hand hatte. Man soll auch Nylon verwenden können. Aus welchem Material habt ihr eure Linse gefertigt? Auf Rexolite habe ich keinen Zugriff und PTFE lässt sich nicht gut drehen, da sehr weich.

73 vom Hans, DK1MHW

• I tested my Potty with 3 different Lenses and without. Don't wrie the results down, all I remember is that there was always 2-3db difference between the each step from one Lens to the next better one. Wich result here in about 7db between no lens and the best one.

Tested with no Lens, the Lens send with the Potty, Lens from Inverto Rocket LNB and Venton Rocket LNB. Results was in that row from lowest to highest signal, user Antenna was the 70cm Offset dish. Be aware this was not perfectly measured, just take the signal history of SDR Console and checked for peak level of the CW beacon.

If you have a BaMaTec Antenna I suggest to use the Lens from Inverto Rocket LNB as it fit best on the pipe instead of the original cap.

• Official Post

One should also mention that not only the dielectric constant of the polymer is important (to make the lens act as a lens) but also it's absorption at 10 GHz. Otherwise, the lens will be an attenuator and you could use as well some wet cloth.

Most negative lens experiences are caused by using improper polymers. Stick with Rexollite or Teflon (which is good to lathe if you do it carefully).

• Many thanks for the answer.

I built the S / X-band feed from G0MJW, PA3FYM & M0EYT. The outer diameter of the waveguide is 22 mm, the inner diameter is 20 mm. The question of which LNB I use depends on whether the lens of the Inverto Rocket LNB or the lens of the Venton Rocket LNB fits better on the copper tube.

Can someone tell me that?

I will definitely take measurements to see if my PP lens can compete with commercial lenses. Incidentally, I use an 80cm offset mirror.The whole thing with the FT817 via SG-Labs Transverter, the downlink I would like to implement with RTL-SDR.

I would like to design my construction in exactly the same way you use it in the portable use :)

@DG7EYO: Can I please have the exact type designation of the Venton LNB you are using?

• One should also mention that not only the dielectric constant of the polymer is important (to make the lens act as a lens) but also it's absorption at 10 GHz. Otherwise, the lens will be an attenuator and you could use as well some wet cloth.

Most negative lens experiences are caused by using improper polymers. Stick with Rexollite or Teflon (which is good to lathe if you do it carefully).

The Teflon that I have unfortunately can not work so well. I'll get me a Rocket LNB whose lens fits on the 22mm copper tube then there should be no problems. Nevertheless, I also test the PP lens manufactured by me ;)

• DK1MHW,

I use the the lenses of the Venton EXL-T LNBs, I have 2 of them, one from the old single LNB I use for RX and one from a newer Twin-LNB

Be aware that the single LNB seems not available anymore, at least not as PLL based version and the Twin was anyway a DRO bases, so I just use the Lense of the TWIN LNB.

• Official Post

One should also mention that not only the dielectric constant of the polymer is important (to make the lens act as a lens) but also it's absorption at 10 GHz. Otherwise, the lens will be an attenuator and you could use as well some wet cloth.

Here is the famous lense from the Venton EXL Rocket LNB...

we only want the lense, the rest we can throw away ;)

Oh.. and the LNB reducing ring (not on the photo) for the 23mm / 40mm holder fits great for the BamaTech Feed.. so one more piece to keep :)

• So, habe jetzt länger mit dem Heiner DD0KP telefoniert und einen ganzen Schwung brauchbare Tipps bekommen. Fürs erste besorge ich mir einen Venton Quattro LNB, da kann ich die Linse für den POTY verwenden und den "Rest" als LNB hinten dran. RX mache ich erstmal via RTL-SDR, später rüste ich ggf. auf einen Opticum PLL LNB um. Mein Hauptinteresse erstmal SSB, später ggf. FT8 o.ä.

Danke für eure Tipps und entschuldigt mein ggf. schwächelndes Englisch,hi

Schönen Abend noch, 73!

• Official Post

(Sorry fuer das Englisch oben.. wir sind ja hier im deutschen Teil)

Das ueblicherweise beim 3D Druck verwendete PLA ist als Ausgangsmaterial nicht geeignet. Diverse Versuche haben bestaetigt, dass eine 3D gedruckte Linse sogar schlechter ist als ein offener Hohlleiter (von einer richtigen Linse ganz zu schweigen). Es koennte am epsilon liegen oder am Tangens-Delta (Verlustfaktor) auf 10 GHz, was ohne umfangreiche Messungen nicht zu eruieren ist. Die einfachste Moeglichkeit ist wie bereits geschrieben eine Linse von einem anderen LNB zu kannibalisieren.

• Habe Probleme mit der Empfangsleistung des Bamatech Duo Feed deshalb habe ich unter der Bestellbezeichnung, den

Art.Nr. 207105 Dieelektrischer Konzentrator 10 GHz, am 02.12.2019 bestellt und den Betrag überwiesen. Da bis Stand heute, dieses Teil noch nicht eingetroffen ist, habe ich jetzt einen Venton EXL Rocket Twin LNB zum Schlachten bestellt.

Meine Frage dazu, wer hat schon mal die vordere Kunststoffkappe des Bamatech Duo Feed abgenommen? Einfaches drehen hilft nicht. Ist das evtl. auch verklebt und muss zum Lösen erwärmt werden?

• Official Post

Hatte jetzt Kontakt mit OM Markus Baseler, er sagte mir der Kunststoffverschluss ist nur mit Daumenkraft montiert worden, sollte also mit einfachen Mittel zu lösen sein.

Kann ich bestätigen, die Schutzkappe läßt sich relativ leicht entfernen..

Die Linse vom VENTON Rocket LNB passt nicht so stramm und muss entsprechend geklebt werden.

• DD0KP

Hallo Heiner, wie mir bekannt beschäftigst du dich ausgiebig mit der GHz Technik, aber hast du schon mal ein GHz Kondom gesehen?

Unter "My LNB Modification Nightmare" und dort unter #51 kannst du es besichtigen.

73 Joachim

• Official Post

Demnächst bekomme ich die Linse vom Markus und am morgigen Tag die vom Venton, werde beide testen und die Ergebnisse hier einstellen.

siehe auch:

https://www.bamatech.net/docu/…%20Das%20Duoband-Feed.pdf

Sicher wird eine Original-Linse passend von BaMaTect die beste Lösung sein; ich glaube vielen Anwendern des Duoband-Feed ist nicht klar, dass man für einen Offsetspiegel diese Linse haben muss...