NB Station Description and User Reports, Statistic

• Hi Rob - already had to go back to work today... a little bit later.. But could not resist to listen to BATC WebSDR ;-) Everything is still somehow surreal to me.. so overwhelming to see the dream finally comes true.

Now I remember that it was Paul announcing to create a gallery.. Hope he will still do it.. Or someone else will create a database or at least a summary if people post here...

--hard too keep my eyes open.. good night!

Peter Gülzow | DB2OS | AMSAT-DL President | member since 1983 | JO42VG

• Already working... unbelievable!

Well I have been on the WebSDR at work too, last week. Especially when the transponder was suddenly opened sooner. And that first night will never be forgotten (unfortunately I was not ready, put up the antenna only next day).

Our group is also working on TV stuff. We have the ATV relay PI6ATV that transmits a multiplex of 17 channels in DVB-S2 on 3cm already (some of the HD), and we are arranging for reception and relay of the QO-100 wideband TV (one-way of course), received on a 2.7m dish using MiniTiouner and relayed from the receive location to the repeater via HAMNET link. Testing is going on right now, I saw parts of the beacon video coming by.

• Hello all,

still experimenting on equipement, but this is what i'm using since a week now:

TX: Kuhne transverter with 2m IF and an amplifier , 2W(or max 4W,depending on used dish) at feed into a dualband feed on 95cm offset; or 60cm prime with G3RUH patch or 3.75t helix.

RX: octagon pll lnb into 30cm!!!! small camping dish, to IF 439MHz. FT-847 will be used in SAT-mode and NORMAL tracking, so allways on right freq shift. All is GPS locked.

transponder noise +-12db above local

Will put some more info on my test later.

Jerry

• Test station in JO99 North Europe / Scandinavia

RX:
    80cm dish and COTS LNB Telesystem TS100F unmodified LNB and SDR RTL USB TCXO and Sharp SW
    Not optimal LNB but good enough for weaker EU stations also
    LNB drifts a lot initially, but LNB has extra insulatation (a skiing glove) and after 1hour the drift is fine for CW/SSB without difficulites.

TX:
    120W ERP to a Big Dish enabled CW QSO with 2 - 4dB S/N on the AMSAT UK QO-100 WebSDR -weak but QSO was possible.
    Homebuild/modified surplus; exciter is TCXO xtal based 2256MHz LO, 144MHz IF, mixer 2400Mhz output 1.8mW and a 100mW MMIC amplifier to antenna system

Tests are concluded, without that 4-5m dish it is not fun, SM need more power to the antenna system. 100mW is so bad for smaller dish usage.

• Hi All,

First post on this forum

Been QRV since start, and alot of stations worked!

Uplink now 500mw (sglabs) into 1,8m dish with 4turns helix, downlink 90cm dish with a modified lnb (9.170ghz) for my sat receiver, and an rtl dongle. Works great!

73 ON5GS Dirk

• Hi

Today I found some time to test my minimal RX set-up.

Antenna: Offset 40cm

LNB : Octagon Green not yet modified.

RTL dongle+ GNU radio based 'home made' rx.

PSK Beacon was about 10 dB over the noise.

NB transponder was full of signals : Very nice to listen a Taiwan station and a Brasil station.