• Did today my first transmitting tests with KG-STV. If you have two soundcards then you can run the program twice and then you have full duplex. You can receive what you send out in parallel. nice feature..:thumbup::thumbup:

• Did today my first transmitting tests with KG-STV. If you have two soundcards then you can run the program twice and then you have full duplex. You can receive what you send out in parallel. nice feature..:thumbup::thumbup:

Hello Heiner, congrats for success!

You need only one soundcard to receive your own signal during transmitting.

BTW, you can also ad an secondary receive channel via BATC NB Monitor and can take a look of your correct tx frequency ....

And, make a mouse-click in the waterfall, and you get an other better rx-monitor ...

73´s de Robert

• started to do a lot of qsos in KG-STV.. It works stable and the overall performance is better than the standard SSTV signal. with the function that you can request the faulty pixels helps a lot of getting good images. I can highly recommend to use KG-STV. the only thing you have do do in the settings is add your callsign and switch in the setting also the image block scan direction to horizontal. Then it is very easy for the receiving station to adjust the qrg to you. I like it very much..and it makes a lot of fun here on QO-100..:thumbup::thumbup:;)

• Hello friends of digital still image transfer,

KG-STV is great and I have already done some nice QSO with it via

QO-100. However, I have a few more questions:

1.) I can not get my FT-857 in connection with the SCU-17 interface by

KG-STV through PTT control to send. The correct COM-port is set.

Can I intervene with KG-STV somehow deeper into the PTT control than

just selecting the COM port? At the moment I am always pressing the

PTT button of the microphone parallel to KG-STV to go on air ... ;)

Sure, I could turn on VOX, but I do not want that.

In WSJT-X I have no problems with PTT control with the same device.

2.) Is there in KG-STV itself a way to insert text into the images to be sent

or must I always do this with an extra graphics program and then slide

the saved image by drag and drop from the explorer into the

KG-STV TX window ? A bit hectic during a QSO ...

3.) What are your experiences regarding optimal image size for KG-STV?

Really 320x240 as in SSTV?

4.) Has anyone ever tried 4LFSK instead of MSK via QO-100?

2400 baud vs. 1200 baud...
    I think that should be easy due to the strong signals...8)

73 de Robert - DL5GAC

DL5GAC * Robert * Baienfurt-Köpfingen * JN47ut * DARC OV PØ9

Edited 2 times, last by DL5GAC ().

• Point 1.): solved ! :thumbup:

My COM-port for PTT is COM 35. KG-STV seems not to handle such high COM-port numbers! Mapped COM 35 to COM 7, now it works. 8)

73 de Robert - DL5GAC

• Om HB9OAB runs a website where pictures transmitted in KG-STV (and other modes) are shown in near realtime.

Go to: http://hb9oab.no-ip.org/log/activity.htm

Then scroll a little bit down to "SSTV * EASYPAL * KG-STV * REALTIME DECODER", and click

on the link "click for dinamic realtime SDR online SSTVcard received".

Now you can select the mode and when the pictures were received.

For this month e.g. you can see the KG-STV picture here : http://computerclub.no-ip.org/sstv/KG-STV/THIS-MONTH/

73s DB8TF

• I tested some different applications and at the end go with Gimp.

I know it maybe over sized for this but I normally use Lightroom/Photoshop to work with my photos and gimp is similar than photoshop so it was a fast learning curve for me.

As I searched a software allow to add text in a extra layers where I even would be able to edit later, so I can prepare some layouts. I end up with gimp as all other free software I tested didn't satisfy me.

Elmar

• Hallo,

just a Newbie-question on KG-STV: How do I have to log a KG-STV-QSO according the used mode, to get it to a valid LotW record!? Do I have to mark it "MSK" (which by the way may logbook-software does not offer)? Or is there an other mode to be used instead? Thanks for your help.

regards,

Suitbert